How Do You Determine The Settlement Value of Your Case?
Here are some factors that accident lawyer Ray Arenofsky – who has practiced 50 years – considers in determining the value of an injury case:
- His own trial experience and the verdicts rendered by the juries.
- Numerous jury verdicts in similar cases
- Settlements he got in similar cases.
- Discussions with other experienced lawyers.
- Expectations of clients—what they consider reasonable settlements.
- Injuries suffered by the clients as a result of the accident; the seriousness, the permanence; how they might affect the client’s ability to work.
- Surgeries clients had to endure as well as possible future surgeries.
- Client’s entire loss of wages.
- The extent of the client’s pain and suffering—its seriousness and permanence.
- Quality of life of the client and his family due to client’s injuries.
Evaluating a case is an an art and not a science. Ten different juries will give you ten different verdicts.If you or anybody you know has been in an accident, I would be happy to give them a free consultation. I will also give them a range of settlement values based on the strengths and weaknesses of the case.