Ray Arenofsky - Attorney At Law

What Constitutes a Personal Injury Case in Arizona?


In the state of Arizona, you have rights when you or someone you love is hurt as a result of someone else’s negligent or dangerous behavior.

Often, the other individual’s or organization’s insurance company may be able to help you financially cope with loss. But in cases where there are caps in insurance coverage or the insurance company is unwilling to properly assist you when their client was clearly at fault, personal injury law offers you the chance to file a lawsuit.

Personal injury law is a fairly broad category, but a number of common rules apply. For example, you generally have two years from the time of the accident to file a personal injury claim. However, you should never delay, as there exist many exceptions that limit your timeline to one year or less.

If you suspect that your case constitutes a personal injury claim, it is important to consult with an Arizona personal injury attorney immediately. They can guide you through the process so that you receive fair treatment and compensation.

Negligence

Negligence occurs most often in automobile accidents. Additionally, product manufacturers are negligent if they ignore reasonably foreseeable injury to customers or if there are product defects.

Negligence occurs most often in automobile accidents. Additionally, product manufacturers are negligent if they ignore reasonably foreseeable injury to customers or if there are product defects.

In Arizona, negligence cases ascribe “comparative negligence,” meaning that sometimes both parties are partially at fault. The court’s or insurance companies’ final decision might result, for example, with one party faulted 75% and the other party 25%. If the total loss amounted to $10,000, then the party at fault 75% would award the other party $7,500 in damages.

Liability

If you or someone you love was injured on or by someone else’s property, then this is a liability claim. One common liability claim is injuries resulting from dog bites.  There does exist “No Free Bite” policy in Arizona.  The pet owner will be liable for major injuries to the bite victim.

Wrongful Death

Many personal injuries can result in death. These are the most emotionally challenging disasters for the victim’s spouse and family. If your loved one passed away as a result of one of the events described above, it is important that you seek the assistance of a personal injury attorney to help you with the new burdens now impacting your family.

Getting Paid/Awarded

When you win a personal injury case, the party at fault is court-ordered to pay you damages. To calculate the amount you receive, the law takes into account your physical and emotional injuries, medical bills, costs of repairs, financial loss, and even lost wages for the period in which the injured party was not physically able to work.
For more information about how an Arizona attorney can help you with your personal injury case, contact Ray Arenofsky at 480-345-0444 or visit our website.

Share this Article

About the Author

Follow Us